Monday, January 25, 2010

30 fabulous years!

My birthday was fantastic! Matt spoiled me, and Kayley was very well behaved. I had received gifts from Matt's Nana (a beautiful purple maternity shirt) and Matt's parents (a Tony Romo jersey and a couple of adorable baby outfits, as well as a Kohl's gift certificate...thank you so much!)

Yesterday morning started off with Kayley giving me a hand-made card that said "Happy birthday Mama" and a picture she drew of us as a family of kitties. Then Matt and Kayley went into the back room to get my present. Matt and Kayley had gotten me a 5 LP Queen set, including 4 classic Queen albums and the new Queen + Paul Rodgers album. It also came with the CD with Paul Rodgers, and a DVD of their show in Japan. Excellent!! It caught my eye at Best Buy months ago, and I've been wanting it ever since! Thing is, we still need to buy a record player. :-D

We went to Richmond and went to the Babies R Us to get some ideas for the baby's room. We saw some very cute things, and were able to get some ideas, although nothing's final yet.

One thing that is final, is the baby's name! We went through several names that we liked, including Lucas, Logan and Ethan. None of them seemed to stick, and we ended up with Trevor Patrick. It's one that we really love, and I'm pretty sure this is our final answer. :-)

Later last night, we went to dinner at Carabba's, and it was very good! We came home, Matt and Kayley sang Happy Birthday, and I blew out the candles (thankfully, Matt only put 15). We shared a small slice of my ultimate chocolate cake (it was close to Kayley's bedtime) and we anjoyed the rest of the night. It was a wonderful birthday, one of the best ones I've had in a long time!

This morning I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my Mom and Dad with some of my favorite flowers (carnations, lilies, dasies and roses!), and a balloon! And I'm very excited, when we go to Florida in less than 3 weeks, Mom and I are getting massages!

Thanks so much to everyone who's made my 30th birthday much less painful than I thought it'd be. :-D

No comments: