Monday, July 13, 2009

Long Time

I know, know...I haven't posted anything in a really long time! Kayley's in school now, three days a week, and she LOVES it! She's always telling us about exciting things that she does there.. She especially loves Fridays, which is Splash Day, and she loves that she can wear her "babysoup" (bathing suit) to school. :-D

Sometimes I think she's four going on fourteen...she said to me a while ago "Mom, my hair is freaking out!" or "That cracks me up!" Ohf course, it's me who's saying these things without realizing she's picking up on them, but at least she's not picking up bad language or anything from school. :-)

My school is going well... have 1 more class to get through, and I'll have finished my first semester! I'm so excited, and it's going by really quickly! I'm not looking forward to the math next semester, as that's never been one of my best subjects, but I think I'll be okay.

Matt's doing well, too. He's excited that I'm going to make him a cake for his birthday, but he doesn't know that it'll be a spice cake with butter cream frosting...his favorite! So shhh...don't tell him! I'm also having a hard time trying to figure out what to get him...something cooking-related, I'm sure. He loves that kind of thing. He's been hinting at Visa cards or Best Buy cards, so maybe I'll get him one of those too. :-)

Right now, Kayley's in her room playing...and I can hear her babbling away to one of her stuffed cats. She sure has a great imagination. She was counting the other day in Spanish...and she can count all the way to ten without much help! She's also writing her name by herself, and she wrote her Uncle Steve an "I love you" note and had me mail it to him. Too cute!

We're planning on visiting Arizona in October to visit Matt's mom and dad! We're excited, and we've never really been in that area. And we're going in October, so it won't be too hot. :-D It'll be nice to see Dan and Debb, so we're looking forward to it!

Kayley and I went to NH for the 4th of July weekend, and it was the first time we'd been back since my Nana's funeral at the beginning of January. And since the 4th of July would have been her 92nd birthday, it was especially hard. We had a nice time visiting with my family though, and come February, I'm going to have a new baby cousin to love!

No comments: